- 1/2 pound cooked spaghetti, slightly cooled
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese – to taste – start with a couple of handfuls
- Fontina cheese – 1/2 – 3/4 cup, grated
- 1/2 pound prosciutto cut into cubes (you’ll only use half, possibly a little more)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Parsley – a couple of handfuls, chopped
- Fresh ground pepper
In a large bowl combine the eggs, cheeses, sun dried tomatoes, parsley and prosciutto. Mix with a whisk.
Using a pair of kitchen tongs, combine this mixture with the spaghetti. Add a generous amount of pepper.
In a saute pan, heat one tablespoon each of olive oil and unsalted butter then pour your spaghetti pie mixture right into the pan. Cook on medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes until a crust forms on the bottom.
Preheat the broiler to high and put the saute pan directly under the broiler. Watch carefully and when the crust on top forms and is a golden brown, remove from the oven. This will take 3-5 minutes.
Take a large platter and place over the pan after it has cooled for a few minutes. Using oven mitts to hold the pan, invert the spaghetti pie onto the platter. Then you’ll want to invert the pie once more onto your serving platter. Cut into wedges and enjoy!